I am here in Boise for almost 3 weeks. A different experience.. when I came here it was so cold and one day I was even able to see snow cap mountains from my hotel room, the weather here is changing like anything.. in 3 weeks I have seen 3 degree to 20 degree variation is temperature. While I was experiencing that 30 degree temp in Blore I used to think how good it will be to stay in a cold place, but now my opinion has changed I feel that is better than this. In Blore atleast I can go out and do whatever I want though I am sweating but here I will automatically go back to room when I try to come out. Luckily last saturday and sunday I saw a good weather, Saturday I was able to go out in my T-shirt and enjoy walking here and I visited Walmart and some other shopping places. Its really different experience to go out alone where everything is different feels like I am in a different world. Not sure whether its good or bad experience but it was different.
I walked up till Broadway which is 1 and half Km from my hotel and took a bus, while waiting for the bus people were watching me like I am an alien. I guess no one waits there for the bus or these guys may not know about Bus service. Boise has a bus service called valley ride which provides a day pass for 2 dollars and you can use it full day like our BMTC in Blore. From Broadway I took bus number 2 and got down in Downtown in Central bus stand like our Majestic and took number 9 and the last stop was walmart.
After entering the shop I got stunned and I was happy to see such a big store where you can get everything you want, as I was alone with lot of time to spend I went to each and every section and I was examining each and everything and spent around $150. Chief item was LG Cu400 thinking to give that to my wife. I took some dress for me and for my daughter too. Looks like my major part of shopping will be for her only.
On Sunday 9th May Morning I tried washing my clothes in the hotel Laundry, where they have kept washing powders, washing machines and dryers.. for everything you need to $1 :-) Afternoon I walked to Broadway again to Burger King for lunch and came back. In the evening one of my colleague(Hari) who helped me in the beginning for settling down had called me and more colleague from India for dinner in his house, he was very kind and came to my hotel and picked me for his house. He has purchased a house here, he and his wife were excited to show their house and even I was curious to see how things will be in this part.
His cute little daughter was so happy seeing us. She took some time to get adjusted with new faces as other kids do, after half an hour she started explaining about her toys, cartoon character etc.. He had invited one of his friends too for the dinner who lives in his neighborhood..
Finally it was time to gulp, the food was good, that too I was eating home made food after 2 weeks, I ate like anything. Around 10'O clock he dropped us. I had to send some mails before sleeping.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment