Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Dinner

As planned well before today was the dinner party day with my onshore team manager and some key people related to our team. They had planned to go to Murphy's Steak House which is a well known restaurant here. I can say its like Vidhyarthi Bhavan or MTR in Bangalore. They say Its a must visit restaurant in Boise. As these people finish their dinner at around 7 PM to 8 PM they had planned to go at 6:30. Exactly at 6:30 we were in Murphy's. Its a very old restaurant here with a good ambiance and nice crowd and no need to say costly too.
Attendees to this party are
Ken - My onsite counterpart having 32 years of IT experience with great knowledge
Diana - She is the busiest person here, hardcore techie,person behind forming this team
Jeff - Information Architect who had come from Salt Lake city first time to Boise.
Christine - Project Manager for few projects here, nice lady. Who has visited India.
Mike - Old guy with solid domain knowledge and intellectual.

First of all my self and Ken reached this place in his car, and while waiting for other people to come we ordered drinks. He ordered a vodka drink and i said "I will take Beer" , then comes that chick with options... god I never knew about any of this.. In India Beer means they will ask KF Strong, Premium, 5000,6000 or 7000 etc.. but this was something different she started explaining about each and I was not able to understand..I thought I will remember one and I will order that, I could able to remember the last one.. as soon as she stopped I said I will take Blue Capa acapoa bribbilikion*$%# some thing like that...My tough time did not end, muchkondu hogodhu bittu she again went to subdivision in that and I followed same strategy remembered the last one.. she said thank you and says good choice... yappaa devre.

I saw Ken was studying the Menu same way like we studied one day before exam, me too followed, I was searching for the word Chicken in that Menu. God is great, I found one item called Chicken Masarala, :-) in that happiness I overlooked at it and it looked like Chicken Masala...immediately my aathma said it can not be and looked carefully it was Masarala.. eno ondhu saavu...I decided that whatever it is I will order that one only.. in 10 minutes Diana and Jeff came and they said Mike and Christine will be joining us soon....
...............................to be continued with much more fun

No comments:

Post a Comment